Does this sound like you?
I want more hands-on outdoor learning in our homeschool routine, but I just don’t know where to start.
I struggle to plan high quality field trips and activities that appeal to ALL of my learners.
I long to see my tweens and teens build social connections in a fun and purposeful way, but it never seems to work out.
In our membership, you will:
- Feel less overwhelm because the topic selection and planning are done for you.
- Feel confident with lessons developed by professional science educators.
- Get outside on field trips focused on real world science.
- Meet all of your learners’ needs with activities that are easily scalable.
- Build connection and collaboration within your family and with other homeschoolers.
- Get ongoing support from other homeschooling parents in a members-only group.
Join us as we explore the natural world with hands-on, interdisciplinary science experiences, delivered right to your inbox.
Here's what you'll get each month:
- Field trip plan that is low-cost and works wherever you live.
- Step-by-step PDF guides for all activities.
- Family-friendly videos to help you know what to teach and how to teach it.
- Newsletters to help you get organized and familiar with the month’s topic.
- Hands-on science that encourages exploring, observing, and experimenting.
- Community science projects that help real scientists address environmental issues.
- Nature journaling prompts that connect the field trip to art, math, and writing.
- At-home activities that widen and deepen learning.
- Members-only group to connect with other homeschooling parents.
- Ongoing support from science educators.
- Monthly live Q&A or workshop for members.
- Scalable lessons so you can easily do field trips with family and friends.
Sounds amazing! I can't wait to start taking meaningful, nature-focused field trips with my family!
JOIN THE MEMBERSHIP
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this membership for?
The membership is for homeschooling families with learners of varied ages, including tweens and teens. All activities are designed to be scaled up or down and parents can join in the fun too! No matter what homeschooling style you follow, this membership will work for you!
How much time will I need to do all the activities each month?
It depends! The membership is designed with flexiblility in mind. If you choose to complete all of the components, you can plan on four learning opportunities each month.
- Preparation: Go through the module's resources and videos so you and your learners are prepared for the field trip.
- Field Trip: Choose a day and go on the field trip (plan on about 2 hours).
- Follow-up: Complete analysis, nature journaling, and at-home activities.
- Connection: Share your experiences with others in our members-only Facebook group.
Do I have to be good at science to use this membership in my homeschool?
Not at all! We provide you with downloadable step-by-step pdf guides and video tutorials so that you don’t have to be an expert in anything. In fact, our membership is designed for you to be able to learn alongside your kids. Let us be your guides and trust us to do the background work that helps you do hands-on science with minimum fuss!
Do I need to purchase special equipment?
Most of the materials you will need are things you already have on hand for homeschooling. We call these the "Backpack Essentials". Occasionally, we will recommend an optional splurge item, such as binoculars or a microscope.
How long will I have access to the membership materials and community?
You will have access to the membership and community for as long as you maintain your subscription. Additionally, many of the step-by-step guides are PDFs and can be downloaded for later use.
What if we find that the membership isn't a fit for us?
No problem! While we hope that you love what we have to offer, we understand that some people may need to leave the membership. You can cancel at any time, and your membership will not renew after your current subscription period ends.
If I have more questions about the membership, how can I get in touch with you?
We love answering your questions! Feel free to reach out to Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sue at email@example.com .
Meet The Field Trip Academy Team!
Kelly Dowd, BA, MSEd
- Certified K-8 teacher with more than 30 years of experience with public school, private school and homeschool learners
- Veteran homeschooling parent of three
- Skilled at facilitating multi-age groupings, collaborative learning, and project-based education
Sue Wenger, BA, MA, MS
- Professional science and mathematics educator for more than 30 years with private school, public school, and homeschool learners
- Veteran science researcher and community college instructor
- Skilled at facilitating middle and high school-aged youth, kindling and supporting their interest in STEM education and the outdoors